Monday, August 16, 2010

Wouldn't it be nice?

I had a dream the other night. Gov. Perry commissioned L. H. McNelly the Fourth to form a special battalion of Rangers to go down to the border and settle things down. L.H. the Fourth had the exact same facial hair and jacket that L.H. the First showcased in the portrait on the dust jacket of The Life and Times of a Fighting Man. I showed up and stood in line behind a man named George Durham and in front of a guy named Jack Hayes. Recruits brought their own weapons, but ammunition was provided. Everybody seemed to be carrying either a 1911 or a Walker Colt on their hip. I was issued a bunch of old Lake City ammo for my Remington 7600, which was apparently what my subconscious though was most appropriate after magically giving it a detachable 15 round box mag.

Anyway, we were all ready to go make Texas proud when my alarm went off and I was reminded that, in the year 2010, we don't defy Washington to go into Mexico and recover stolen property, let alone to protect it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment