Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Update

I've had a pretty eventful few weeks. We had a big snow in my part of the world right before Christmas. My parents have built a really nice place south of town and had planned on having Christmas out there. Christmas Eve found deep drifts across the county road leading up to it. I got a call from Dad saying he had gotten his jeep stuck in a drift. I made my way out there and, between my pick up and my brother's, pulled him out. The decision was made to press on and see if we could make it. The strategy was to make sure we didn't all three get stuck. We made it to within a hundred feet of the front gate, and then, as the great Meatloaf once said, two out of three ain't bad. We left Steven's truck on dry ground and took off for the tractor. This required a hike involving drifts that were deep enough my feet couldn't touch bottom. Luckily, Bear Grylls teaches us that wiggling like a worm is a good way to stay on top of snow. So we made it to the tractor, pulled the jeep and my truck out, and Dad used the blade to clear the road while me and Steven went to town to bring Mom back. In case you have ever been curious about what depth of snow will bog down a four wheel drive F250, this is what the exact amount looks like.

My sister and her family had a little trouble getting here from the metromess, but it all worked out in the end. I got my six month old niece a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22. For when she's older. The adjustable stock can grow with her. It was her favorite gift, she had a huge smile when I showed it to her. The pictures were lost, unfortunately. I got my mom and sister each a 20 gauge Remington 870. It was honestly the best Christmas I can remember having.

No comments:

Post a Comment