Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wait just a minute.

I heard the last half of a sound-bite on the radio this afternoon, and it confused me. From what I could tell at the time, Obama had given the okay to off shore drilling, and everybody was mad over it. Something seemed amiss.

I'll admit, when I hear him, or anybody else in D.C. mentioned, my first thought is "What has he screwed up now?" But off shore drilling is something I approve of, so there had to be more to it.

Turns out he didn't okay all off shore drilling, just some of it. And, yeah, when you look at it, it probably is just a gesture to try and appease some folks on the right. And, yes, it will take a while to get any oil from this into the system. There are some good things. Drilling provides a lot of well paying jobs. And more oil, even years from now, is better than more oil never. Sure would be nice if somebody could build some much needed refineries, but hey, baby steps. Right? I'm trying really hard to be positive and look at the bright side.

So why am I sitting here trying to figure out how anybody could have screwed this up?

No comments:

Post a Comment