Monday, December 14, 2009

Grr

I had a chance to do a little shooting Sunday. I was. Not. Happy. With my results. I've been busy and have neglected things of late. I did ok shooting the Marlin guide gun, although I discovered the Williams peep sight doesn't have enough downward adjustment. I need either a taller front sight or to file a little off of the bottom of the rear sight base. Or maybe a tapered shim of some sort.

I did terrible shooting my commander sized 1911, the one I usually shoot better than anything else. Nothing even felt right. My trigger pull was inconsistant, there was something funny with my stance. At ten and fifteen yards I was shooting groups I could barely cover with a hand. And I have big hands. I was on the verge of giving up an the Weaver and going with an Isocolese, just to try something different. Sundown saved me from myself.

So this week I'm going to make it a point to get a few short sessions in. Nothing long enough to let bad habits stick. Seven yards, just working on fundamentals. Sight picture, grip, and trigger control. And I'm not going to let things get this bad again.

No comments:

Post a Comment